Sunday, January 6, 2013

Chocolate mint cookies

These are some of the most delicious cookies ever!!! If you are a fan of anything mint you will love them!
The original recipe calls for mint chocolate chips, but I couldn't find any at the store so I bought Andes baking chips instead. They taste just as good.
Here is what you will need to make these yummy cookies:
•1- 10 oz. pkg. (1 ½ c.) mint chocolate chips or Andes baking chips
•1 ¼ c. flour
•½ t. baking soda
•¼ t. salt
•1/3 c.(5 T.) butter (softened)
•½ c. granulated sugar
•¼ c. brown sugar
•1 egg
•½ t. vanilla

Directions:
•Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
•Melt half of the chocolate chips (3/4 c.), set aside.
•Cream together the butter, sugars and vanilla.
•Add the melted chocolate then the dry ingredients.
•Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
•Drop onto cookie sheet by spoonfuls. •Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!

Shout out to my Mom for the great recipe. Growing up my mom always baked the most amazing stuff. I loved when I would come home from school and walk inside the house and it was filled with the delicious aroma of these cookies. They have always been a favorite and I love that I can recreate those same memories in my children.
Happy Baking!




1 comment:

  1. Ooo I bet the Andes mints taste better! I can't wait to try these. I have some Andes peppermint chips that I need to use in something.

    ReplyDelete