Monday, April 2, 2012

The Parents Pledge

I have a subscription to Parents magazine, and as I was looking at my latest one I found inside what they call The Parents Pledge. It is a list of 11 very simple things we can do with our children to help them have a love for learning, and things that will really boost their confidence and knowledge.  
For me, I sometimes have a hard time embracing big tasks as they can seem very overwhelming.  This list however seemed very simple and easy things I can do almost everyday with my son to help him grow.  I realized today that if I just start with baby steps in trying to be a better mom it will be easier for me to succeed.  I need to try a little bit every day to be better, and soon it will (hopefully) get easier and I can accomplish those much larger motherly tasks/responsibilities.  
I pulled this page out of the magazine, signed it, and am really going to strive to live it everyday.  You can print it here, and even email it to a friend too!  I encourage you to take a look at it, and start today to try and be a better parent.  I'm no perfect mom, but I know that there is always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment