Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger

My strong husband--hope I don't get in trouble for posting this :) FYI, this was taken in the photo booth of our Mac.  He really does have big strong arms, but not a tiny face, haha!

  I truly believe in the above quote.  To me, it means that we are going to have hard things to work at, but that is exactly what we need to do--work at them and by doing that we will grow and become stronger.

We all have our own individual trials and struggles in our lives.  I know that God gives us these trials so we can work at overcoming them, learn from them, and that in turn helps us to become a better person.  Overcoming trials involves finding out what our talents are and using those God given talents to stomp that trial to the ground.  We need to have patience and faith and know that we are never alone.  Not all trials are meant to be beat/conquered in this life, which at times can be very frustrating.  Some of us have trials that will continue to be with us our entire life.  I'm not quite sure why that is, but I know that the Lord will not give us anything we can't handle.

Currently I've been struggling with some trials of my own.  At times it feels as if these are the kinds of trials that will be with me my entire life.  I don't know if that is true, or if I just haven't learned yet what I need to from them.  Either way, it's important that I don't lose focus and get discouraged and just say, "Oh well, forget it, there's nothing I can do about this".  <----That can be very hard at times.  I'm so thankful to have such a loving supportive husband that helps keep me focused and doesn't let me get discouraged.

If you are going through a trial(s) and feel really discouraged and frustrated, don't give up.  Don't get down on yourself either.  Just think of it this way.....you can learn so much from working on and conquering that trial.  In the end, you will have learned so much from that experience, that it will help you in so many other aspects of your life.  It will give you the skills to know how to look at an issue and think, "Okay, how can I beat this, and learn from this?"  It is also so very important to not look at your life and the things you struggle with and compare it to others around you.  I have such a very hard time with this, but I'm working on it.  EVERYONE (no one is the exception to this) is struggling with something.  Others struggles may not seem like trials to you because everyone has different talents and things they need to learn. That is why we CAN NOT judge others or look at their lives and think that they have it so easy.  I heard a great quote in church a while back about this.  I can't remember who said it or when but it was something to the effect that, we need to treat everyone we meet as if they are struggling with something/having a bad day, and that we never know who is going through a tough time.  Can you imagine what the world would be like if we did this?  It would be such a happy place to live.

Overall, I just want you (and myself) to remember to stay strong in the face of trials and find strength in the Lord to overcome them.  You are strong and you can do it!!!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment