Friday, April 13, 2012

SUCCESS!!

That's exactly what today has been...a success!!!
I just LOVE when I have days like these-don't we all?  As you know from a previous post, I'm now staying up after my husband goes to work so I can get things done before my son wakes up.  Today was an extra early day (4:30am!).  I wanted SO bad to go back to bed, since I went to bed at 11pm last night, but I resisted the urge and stayed up.  I really love watching the Today show but I know if I sit down on the couch that early in the morning I will be asleep in no time, so I instead got right to work on my to-do list I had made the night  before.  I am much more productive when I go into the day with a game plan.  When I make lists I like to make a list of things that need to get done by the end of the week, then I pick items from that list that I want to accomplish that day.  It makes me feel like I have a little bit more of a choice when I do that and I find I am more successful.  
Anyway, by 9am I was able to meet these goals:
Balance the checkbook/update our monthly budget
Start laundry
Clean the kitchen-dishes, counters, stovetop, table, sweep and mop, vacuum rugs
Water grass in backyard
Clean our half bathroom, including the floors
Then I had some "me" time and looked online for some baby items we will be needing 

A big factor in my success this morning was that my son slept in until 9:30, which is totally out of the ordinary.  He's usually up by 8 at the latest.  I think he was catching up on his lack of sleep from the past few days when we were out of town.  It sure was nice though to have 5 hours all to myself this morning.

Since then I have also:
Finished all the laundry (still need to fold some)
Cleaned my sons room and vacuumed it
vacuumed the stairs and upstairs hallway
watered the plants
cleaned all the light switches downstairs and some spots on the walls
cleaned the upstairs bathroom, including scrubbing the bathtub
swept and mopped the entry way

All I have now to do is:
mop the bathroom floor in our upstairs bathroom
Exercise
Return a dvd to the library
Get the mail and mail some birthday cards



Here are a few pictures from my successful day, in case you needed proof :)

This is my favorite thing--empty laundry baskets.  It seems to usually only last a day or less, but it's a pretty sight while it lasts.



Beautifully clean kitchen. Just need to tackle the stack of papers on the counter.  That seems to be the drop all for our stuff.  Please tell me I'm not the only one that has a pile of random papers and things to be sorted through, all the time!




My son's room.  I even made the bed, my Mom should be proud :) I have always been HORRIBLE at making beds, but it really does make a difference and completes a room.
By the way, my son jumped into the bed not 10 minutes after I made it, of course :)



Our Island bathroom, where we can pretend to be living in paradise :)


Now, to some of you this may not seem like a whole lot of work, but when you look like this...



It's a big accomplishment! I'm actually kind of strange sometimes.  I'll get in these moods where I just want to clean! --and not just straightening up the living room and vacuuming, but full on deep cleaning, like cleaning out the fridge or scrubbing the oven.  Not sure if this is my nesting instinct or not, but I'm loving it.  I never nested when I was pregnant with my son so I guess I'm making up for it now.
 Now my back is sore from all that cleaning so I think I'll be taking it easy the rest of the evening.  Ahh, so nice to have a clean home!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! you did a lot!! I usually would do all that in 2 days..ha ha!
    that really is awesome! U are inspiring me to start getting up when Deon wakes up which is about 430 and start my day! but i would only have a few hours alone Marek usually wakes up between 545-7. lol.
    but that really would start my day better, maybe I can go to the gym while Deon is still here in the morning :)
    keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job! I need to start being more productive. It always helps me to read my scriptures first thing in the morning, but I can't say that happens often. I wish it did!

    ReplyDelete